How to Jailbreak a Firestick or Fire TV is a question we’re often asked. This Best Kodi Addons Review article discusses exactly what it takes to jailbreak your Firestick. This also includes how to jailbreak Fire TV and Fire TV Cube devices from Amazon, as they share the same FireOS version of the Android operating system.
We provide a step-by-step guide on how to install Kodi, one of the best Firestick apps available for watching free movies, TV show, and far more. Kodi is one of the most popular open source apps you can use to personalize the way you access streams online. Watch free movies, TV series, live IPTV channels, live sports events including PPV (pay-per-view), and so much more. Other Fire Stick jailbreak channels are discussed along with a hack or two to unlock these and other streaming devices.
Guide to Jailbreaking a Firestick
- Jailbreak Firestick Quick & Easy Guide
- How to Jailbreak Firestick & Stream Anonymously
- What Does it Mean to Jailbreak Fire Stick?
- How To Jailbreak Fire TV & Firestick
How To Install Kodi Krypton 17.6 on Fire TV, Fire Stick, Fire Cube
- Turn on Apps From Unknown Sources
- Install Downloader App
- Kodi Install
- Kodi Setup
- Next Steps
- “Kodi Builds” and “Wizards” noteworthy (take it from here, Alice)
- Best Kodi Add-ons for Movies and TV shows
Jailbreak Firestick Quick & Easy Guide
For more explicit instructions, there is an explicit step by step guide to jailbreak a Fire Stick below.
- Enable apps from unknown sources within the Firestick system settings.
- Use the Firestick search to find, download, and install Downloader app.
- Direct Downloader app browser at http://kodi.tv/download to grab the ARMV7A (32 BIT), then install it.
- If you haven’t already, launch your IPVanish VPN app and connect to a fast server.
- Install some of the best third-party Kodi addons available to access free streaming content.
How to Jailbreak Firestick & Stream Anonymously
When watching free streams on Kodi, an encrypted VPN is necessary to hide your online activities, identity, and location. Many experienced Kodi users, including everyone here at Best Kodi Addons Review, prefer IPVanish VPN.
With the fastest speeds available, world-class 24/7 live chat support, and a bullet-proof Fire TV Stick native app, IPVanish VPN has also provided a special discount exclusively for Best Kodi Addons Review readers.
Try the IPVanish VPN app now and get the fastest, most secure VPN available risk-free with their 7-day money back guarantee.
What Does it Mean to Jailbreak Fire Stick?
You may hear people referring to Jailbroken Firesticks for sale and wonder what it means to jailbreak a firestick. Jailbreaking typically refers to modifying a device’s operating system files, granting yourself the freedom to control the device the way you want.
Firestick Jailbreak Process is Simple
This isn’t the case with jailbreaking a Fire Stick, so there’s no need to worry about hacking system files and making your device unusable. With the simple unlocking technique provided here, you get access to third-party apps that aren’t available on the Amazon App Store. These third-party streaming apps are created by independent developers. Free streaming apps can vary greatly in content, so you may want to install a few for maximum access.
Jailbreak Fire Stick With Kodi Addons
Most Kodi addons, however, provide the same free movies, free TV shows, free live sporting events, and quite often even more. Installing Kodi and a few choice addons can keep you in free streaming entertainment for far longer than you can imagine.
Side-Load Apps onto Fire TV Stick
Jailbreaking is typically done with a process called side-loading applications. The terms “to jailbreak a FireStick,” “side-load a Fire TV Stick,” “unlock a FireStick,” and even “to jailbreak a Fire TV” are all used interchangeably, as they mean the same thing. Well, I guess jailbreaking a Fire TV could be considered a different thing but is done with the same Amazon specified hack trick.
How To Jailbreak Fire TV & Firestick
This Best Kodi Addons Review guide details every step to jailbreak a Firestick. Unlock your Amazon Firestick and Fire TV Box quickly and easily in just a few minutes.
We highly recommend streaming while connected to a VPN (Virtual Private Network). In doing so, all of your online activities will be encrypted and hidden from your IPS (Internet Service Provider), and other prying eyes.
How To Install Kodi Krypton 17.6 on Fire TV, Fire Stick, Fire Cube
Turn on Apps From Unknown Sources
This step is necessary in order to install any apps not found in the Amazon App Store. Enabling apps from unknown sources is pretty much the only requirement to jailbreak a Firestick.
- From the Fire TV Stick Home Screen, navigate to Settings >> System >> Device.
- Next, scroll down and click Developer Options.
- Turn ON the Apps from Unknown Sources if it says Off.
Install Downloader App
There are plenty of ways to side-load Kodi onto a Firestick, but the Downloader App is the simplest. It has a built-in web browser for accessing APK files on the web. Downloader App also offers to install the Kodi APK once downloaded.
- Back on Amazon Fire TV Stick home screen, type Downloader in the search bar until Downloader App appears in the list below. Scroll down to and click it.
- Next, follow the Amazon Firestick prompts to Download, Install, and Open Downloader App.
While Kodi isn’t the only jailbreak app for Firestick, it’s certainly the most popular by far.
- With Downloader App opened, select Allow.
- Enter the URL: http://kodi.tv/download in the area and then select Go.
- When page loads, you can use the navigation pad on your remote. Place the red cursor over ARMV7A (32 BIT) and hit enter on your Fire TV remote.
- Now, select Install in the bottom left-hand corner.
Now that you have Kodi installed on your Fire Stick, it’s time to get some great Kodi addons installed. Kodi addons are the magic sauce that makes Kodi hum like a barbershop quartet speed-eating peanut butter.
- After Kodi is installed and you’ve received confirmation, head back to the Amazon Home Screen. Find YOUR APPS & GAMES section and scroll all to the right and select See All.
- Then, scroll down and hover over the Kodi Icon, but DO NOT SELECT IT YET!
- With the Kodi Shortcut Highlighted, hit the hamburger menu button on your remote.
- Then, a menu will pop up in the bottom right corner of your screen. Select Move To Front next. This will save a lot of time in the future by sending Kodi to the front of your home screen.
- Now Kodi will live front and center on your Fire TV menu.
Congratulations! You have finished the initial steps to jailbreaking your Amazon Fire TV device.
Now you’ll want to install the best Kodi addons available to access free movies, TV shows, live TV, Sports and more. See our best Kodi add-ons featured below for reviews and tutorials.
Kodi can also be used as a way to manage personal media libraries, including videos, photos, and music. Archived DVD and CD collections can be accessed by hooking up a hard drive to a device with Kodi installed. Kodi will autodetect the media and interface so that personal content can be played on just about any device.
Originally Kodi was created for the Xbox and did not support the streaming functionality it has today. Since its inception, it’s been modified to run on almost any streaming device available today.
Due to the fact Kodi is open source, developers create their own add-ons with unique features and personalities. These third-party Kodi add-ons can be utilized as apps within Kodi itself. These Kodi addons will allow you to access movies, TV shows, live TV, live sports that you cannot access via the Amazon Fire TV operating system on its own.
“Kodi Builds” and “Wizards” noteworthy (take it from here, Alice)
We always recommend installing add-ons individually rather than one-click “Kodi builds.” While these builds are a convenient way to get a lot of add-ons really fast, they not allow the individual add-ons to update automatically which is crucial to keeping your device up and running smoothly. We also find that builds are loaded with a ton of content you won’t ever need, and end up bogging down your device.
That being said, nothing is undoable, and you can always uninstall any builds or add-ons easily. If you would like to experiment with a build, we recommend installing the No Limits Magic Build which offers a wide array of important add-ons and apps for Kodi in one installation.
To install the No Limits Magic Build, please visit our easy to follow, step-by-step tutorial.
Best Kodi Add-ons for Movies and TV shows
Get started by installing these top Kodi Add-ons with our easy to follow step-by-step tutorials for free streaming movies and TV shows.
The simplicity of the Kodi Exodus user interface and elegance of the navigation logic makes finding your way around in Exodus a breeze. If you know what movie or TV show you’d like to watch, Exodus makes it a matter of click, click, stream. If just browsing for a movie because you aren’t sure what you’d like to watch, then the great navigational menues and categories in Exodus will guide you to something that fits your desires.
The ease of use makes The Magic Dragon one of the very best Kodi addons available today. Much like Exodus, The Magic Dragon provides a super easy to use navigation and friendly user interface. If you can’t find something to watch in The Magic Dragon, then you probably really aren’t in the mood to watch anything.
As the final in our trilogy of great Kodi addons that we at Best Kodi Addons Review consider must-haves on your Kodi entertainment system, Movie Theater Butter cannot be called the least of the three. We always suggest installing more than one great movie streaming Kodi addon, as great, working third-party addons get taken down on a daily basis.