Installing Kodi can sometimes seem difficult. Depending on the number of, builds, modifications, addons, and settings on your Kodi streaming TV box, updating Kodi used to cause confusion also.
Kodi from the XBMC Foundation may be the most popular open source digital media player in the world. Using the latest available version you can get is a wonderful upgrade to your new Fire Stick device.
With Kodi installed along with just a bit of the information available on this site, you can easily stream Movies, TV Shows, IPTV channels, Live Sports, and much more for free.
Upgrading Kodi with addons, skins, or even full builds is simple using all the guides provided on our site. Some people have a problem when it comes time to update Kodi to the latest version. Many fear losing all their upgrades.
In this article, we’ll show you how to update Kodi on Amazon Fire Stick or nearly any device you’ve got it installed on, many without losing any of your settings or addons. There are sections below to update Kodi on Firestick, Mac, Windows, Linux, Raspberry Pi, MXQ and MXQ Pro, Apple TV 2, iOS, Amazon Fire TV, Google GBox, and most other Android TV box devices.
Please Share With Your Friends!
If you find this Kodi update guide helpful, please say thanks by sharing it around with the following social media buttons. I really appreciate this.
Watch Free Streams Anonymously with Kodi Updated
When watching free streams on Kodi, an encrypted VPN is necessary to hide your online activities, identity, and location. Many experienced Kodi users, including everyone here at Best Kodi Addons Review, prefer Surfshark.
With the fastest speeds available, world-class 24/7 live chat support, and a bullet-proof Fire TV Stick native app, Surfshark has also provided a special discount exclusively for Best Kodi Addons Review readers.
Try the Surfshark app now and get the fastest, most secure VPN available risk-free with their 30-day money back guarantee.
3 Step by Step Methods to Update Kodi on Firestick
- Update Kodi from within Kodi Itself using the easy to install Kodi Android Installer.
- Use ES File Explorer to install Kodi update.
- Sideload Kodi update onto a Firestick.
We present three simple ways for updating Kodi to the latest version on Amazon Firestick. Follow these detailed steps for updating a Firestick with either Kodi 17.6 Krypton or the latest Kodi Leia version 18.
1. Android Kodi Installer
Update to the Latest Kodi Version from Within Kodi Itself
- On the Firestick main menu, go into Settings.
- Within the Settings area, click on Applications.
- Enter the Manage Installed Applications item, then scroll down and click on Kodi.
- Launch Kodi, then click the Add-ons menu item.
- Then, click on the Add-ons browser icon (open package) above the Add-ons menu.
- Choose Install from Repository and if you have other repos installed, then select the official Kodi Add-on Repository.
- Within Program Add-ons, click on Kodi Android Installer, then hit the Install button.
- Once the Kodi Android Installer finishes installing, a message will say the installation was successful.
- Back on the Kodi home screen (NOT the Firestick home screen), click on Android Installer found in Add-ons / Program Add-ons.
- Once Android Installer opens, you’ll notice Nightly, Releases, Snapshots, and Test-Builds. Click on the Releases item.
- Click on the Arm Kodi Release, then the Kodi installer file version you wish to update to.
- The Kodi installer APK will now automatically begin to download.
- When the Kodi update file finishes downloading, a dialog pops up double checking that you want to install the Kodi update. Click Install to get it done.
With the download and install completed, launch Kodi to enjoy its Firestick update.
If you find Kodi not working on Firestick properly, then restart your device and repeat the steps once more. On rare occasions, updating Kodi on an Amazon Firestick can cause data corruption if the device hasn’t been rebooted recently.
2. ES File Explorer
How to Update Kodi to 18.5 or 17.6 on Firestick
Note: You can use Downloader app rather than ES File Explorer for this method.
- Type ES File Explorer into the Amazon Firestick main menu Search function, then install and open it.
- Click the Tools item within ES File Explorer, then open its Download Manager.
- Within the bottom menu, click the +New option.
- Type in
https://mytm.pw/Kodi176APKfor the last Krypton release or
https://mytm.pw/Kodi18APKfor the latest stable version of Kodi Leia, then click OK.
- Give this path the name Kodi and choose Download Now.
- Kodi Krypton 17.6 or the latest Leia 18 will begin downloading.
- With the download complete, choose Open File for the installation of the latest Kodi on FireStick.
- Return to the Firestick home screen and launch Kodi.
Watch something on this latest version of Kodi with its Firestick Update. Just make sure to turn on and connect with your Surfshark app first!
3. How to Sideload Update Kodi on Firestick
- Install the latest Kodi Leia 18 version onto an Android TV box, tablet, or phone from the Google Play Store.
- While at the Google Play Store, also install Apps2Fire app, then launch it.
- From the Firestick home screen, go into the Network Settings area and take note of your Firestick IP address.
- In the Setup tab of the Apps2Fire app on the Android Phone, type in the IP address to your Firestick then click Local Apps
- Click on Kodi within the provided list of local apps then press Install.
- Apps2Fire will now transfer Kodi 18 Leia onto your Firestick.
You’ll now find Kodi in the app list on the Firestick. Launch and connect with your Surfshark app, then watch something with your new Kodi Leia update!
Done Updating Kodi on Firestick?
Now that you know how to update kodi on Amazon Fire Stick and Android devices, you should keep Kodi updated to avoid having addons stop working due to incompatible code in the future. Now, go pop some popcorn and fire up your Surfshark app. The movie’s about to start.